• Call Now: 801-261-6228

  • 3 Things To Do If You Are Falsely Accused Of A Crime

    April 19, 2017 | Blog
  • False Arrest Attorney Tooele UtahYou’re driving home one night and are stopped by police. They tell you that a vehicle matching yours was just seen at the scene of a robbery. You try to tell the police that you were just returning home from walking in the park, but they don’t listen. You are arrested and your vehicle is impounded. What do you do?

    There are three things that you should remember when you are falsely accused of a crime.


    • First, do not say anything to police.
    • Second, you have a right to remain silent and you should do so until an attorney is with you.
    • Third, contact your attorney and explain what is going on.

    Your attorney will be much better equipped to deal with the police’s accusations and can keep you from incriminating yourself.

    If you are falsely accused and the charges are later dropped, you may have a case of defamation. Being arrested can affect your entire life, including ruining your reputation and perhaps even your career.

    If you have been accused of a crime you did not commit, an attorney may be able to assess your options and protect your rights. Going to jail, getting your vehicle impounded, posting bail, appearing in court and other issues are not fun to deal with.

    Especially if you did nothing wrong.


    Don’t simply wait to see what happens in your case. Your attorney will be able to provide you with more information on how to fight against charges for crimes you didn’t commit. This may even help keep the case from going any farther than just an arrest.

    We Prepare Diligently. We Concede Nothing. Call Us For A Powerful Defense.


    Call Greg S. Law 801-261-6228 / Toll Free: 888-784-3554

    There’s too much at stake to settle for anything less than the best attorney you can afford. For an effective Salt Lake City criminal law attorney, contact Greg S. Law, today.

    We offer a free initial consultation, and are available for evening and weekend appointments. We also accept major credit cards.


    Source: FindLaw, “What Do You Do if You’re Falsely Accused of a Crime.”

  • 1 comment

    Hello, I was falsely charged. I am innocent; God knows! I was told the false charges were dropped. How do I check that and what do I do if they were not? I would like a free consultation if the false charges were not dropped as I believe they all were. God Bless, Jessi